POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB] : Re: My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB]
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 6 Aug 2004 12:39:20
Message: <4113b438$1@news.povray.org>
Looking better Thomas!  I love how the horizon is visible now.  I'd strongly
urge you to use radiosity.  Deserts do have harsh lighting but I think if
you let all the shadow fall to black its going to look like a moonscape, and
any sort of ambient_light in my opinion does not look realistic and washes
out the image.  You can use radiosity but still keep the lighting harsh.
Just don't let the sky do much coloring and keep the assumed gamma up.  The
rocky terrain in your picture has a lot of nooks and crannies that rad
lighting would benefit from.  Unless you are going to try multiple
shadowless sources?

Skip